The Library Publishing Toolkit is a project funded partially by Regional Bibliographic Databases and Interlibrary Resources Sharing Program funds which are administered and supported by the Rochester Regional Library Council. The toolkit is a united effort between Milne Library at SUNY Geneseo and the Monroe County Library System to identify trends in library publishing, seek out best practices to implement and support such programs, and share the best tools and resources.
Our goals include:
- Develop strategies libraries can use to identify types of publishing services and content that can be created and curated by libraries.
- Evaluate and recommend regional and web services, and software used for digital content creation and publishing.
- Assess trends in digital content creation and publishing that can be useful in libraries and suggesting potential future projects.
- Identify efficient workflows for distributing content for free online and with potential for some cost-recovery in print-on-demand markets.
- Develop a Library Publishing Toolkit to contribute to best practices strategies for libraries of all types addressing the need for content creation and distribution.